Vision, Mission and Goals
Foster positive change through self-empowerment, education, and professional training to provide job skills, opportunities and hope-enabling our community to build better lives.
Provide a center of excellence for the development of job skills, career, and technical education to those who seek a better life.
The school’s objectives are geared towards preparing students for productive careers. With that goal in mind, Excel:
- Trains the underemployed and unemployed for jobs in the high-demand, high-paying field of automotive technology
- Provides Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification and National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) Specialty Training so that students can compete in an automotive industry that is rapidly changing and increasingly competitive
- Fosters positive change in the community through self-empowerment, education and workforce development by offering affordable and accessible job skills training;
- Strives to reduce unemployment by giving students the necessary tools and techniques to pursue career opportunities, and enables them to become tax payers instead of tax spenders
- Provides youth and adults in at-risk situations the chance to build a life away from gangs, drug abuse, crime and poverty by offering students a potentially life-changing opportunity they did not know existed
- Attempts to offer more opportunities for minority achievement by heavily recruiting students from minority neighborhoods across the region
Excel Automotive Institute is an equal opportunity and affirmative action institution. The program’s employment and educational opportunities are available to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical disability or political affiliation.